Michael brings a wide professional experience to his financial planning role, building on over 20 years experience in the financial services profession. While initially studying towards becoming an accountant, he ‘saw the light’ and has never looked back, building on this knowledge in a career in financial planning. After working for a professional trustee company for 11 years, he joined Rede Advisers as a director and shareholder in 2007.
Michael’s professional experience has been based on building long term relationships with clients as well as the legal and accounting profession. In this increasingly complex world, personal relationships are invaluable and often inter-generational. Michael's focus is to provide clients with comfort that they are making the best financial decisions for them and their families through financial education, advice and planning.
What does Michael offer clients?
- Peace of mind to enable clients to make the right decisions for their future, no matter what stage they are at in their lives. Through guidance and planning, he will help you take the next steps towards financial freedom with confidence.
- A sounding board to consider the pros and cons of financial decisions and how they relate to your personal situation. Michael’s experience and knowledge is extensive encompassing investment, retirement planning, trust and estate planning, taxation and personal insurance protection.
- An absolute commitment to providing quality, personalised financial advice with integrity, honesty and transparency where your interests are the only consideration.
Michael’s expertise and capabilities include:
- 23 years providing investment and financial planning advice, constructing plans and portfolios to meet the clients’ varied needs and circumstances.
- 11 years providing specialist Trust and Estate planning advice including wills, estates, enduring powers of attorney, personal and charitable trusts, asset ownership and relationship property.
- 23 years advising on prudent Trust management including accounting, taxation and compliance.
- 13 years advising on retirement planning and KiwiSaver for both individuals and employers.
- 13 years as a director of a financial planning practice.
- Acting as independent trustee for a number of personal trusts.
Michael’s qualifications and designations:
- Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA) status – since 2011
- Certified Financial PlannerCM (CFPCM) status – since 2004
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLUCM) status – since 2010
- Member of Financial Advice New Zealand (formerly FPIA/IFA) - since 2001
- Graduate Diploma in Business Studies (endorsed in Personal Financial Planning) from Massey University - 2001
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting Major) from Canterbury University - 1994